03 December 2007

The greatest thing on earth is to love and be loved

The greatest thing on earth is to love and be loved. Does it make sense? I guess so everyone knows what is love but only few amongst us has pure love. It's a mind boggling thing for this issue. It has become an issue because no one really knows what is love really. How can this become the greatest thing on earth where no one really knows what does this mean.

I had come to the point where I am given up of everything in life. Tired of some certain things that causes me to become broken, scared and confused. I often asked myself where do I go from here. What would tomorrow bring me? Will there'll be a rainbow after a heavy rain? Or will there be really a tomorrow for me after all the circumstances I went through my life.

One day I get up from bed with a question in my heart not in my mind. Whom I have lived for to love and whom who lived for to love me back? It's so confusing thus, feeling so bad which is up to this moment, it is still there like a shadow of illusion. Illusion in some ways that I can say it, this odd feelings doesn't really exist. Because I wanted to pretend that it doesn't matter to me at all.

But later I realized everything. One great thing that gives me the reason to keep on holding is that it isn't really "the greatest thing on earth is to love and be loved", but the GREATEST THING ON EARTH IS THE LOVE OF GOD to the citizens of His Kingdom. That no other love will be greater than His love for us. For that, I have more reason to live without hoping for someone to love me unconditionally for it is hard to expect from someone whom you loved, to love you back the same way how you loved them.

No comments: